Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What is Brainwave Entrainment?

What is Brainwave Entrainment? Well, at least from the readings that I've done lately, it has something to do with our brainwave frequencies tending to follow a current dominant frequency. From this brainwave entrainment website, a process called frequency following response is something our brain normally do when it is exposed to sounds, sights, or kinesthetics, that are repetitive and regular and with considerable duration.

Actually, I have also dabbled in this a few years back. I used to be a member of a yahoo group called bwgen. I dropped off the group after it was hopelessly infested with spammers. I used a shareware called bwgen which is a software that can generate binaural tones that are then used for brainwave entrainment. In fact, in the bwgen site's library, I have submitted a preset called 'deep bubble 1' (an improved version of my first submission 'deep bubble'). Well, I've had nice experiences in brainwave entrainment using that preset before my interest in brainwave thingies faded out after sometime. Now, I guess I have a mind to go back to it and tinker with it again. It's a helper tool after all to meditation.

I'll post sometime soon more on this topic particularly on isochronic beats and its benefits.

No comments: